Princess Cruises has announced it will introduce French speciality restaurant ‘La Mer’ on to its two newest ships, the 3,660-guest Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess. The restaurant was first opened on Majestic Princess, the most recent addition to the line’s fleet, in 2017.
La Mer is the creation of three Michelin-starred chef, Emmanuel Renaut. Renaut is owner and executive chef of the Flocons de Sel restaurant, located in the French Alps village of Megève. He previously worked in restaurants including Claridge’s, Hotel de Crillon and Auberge de l’Eridan.
La Mer will offer casual, French bistro-style dining and be located in the Sky Princess atrium.
Sample dishes on Sky Princess include:
· Beef filet mignon, sweet onions sauté, red wine jus, hand cut chips
· Red snapper & scallop mousseline, lobster morsels and lemon grass lobster sauce
· Mont Blanc ‘Marron-Myrtilles’ dessert – sweet chestnut, blueberry gel and vanilla cream bavarois
Sky Princess will launch in October this year. It will sail a short season in the Mediterranean before heading to the Caribbean. Enchanted Princess will launch in Southampton in June 2020. It will similarly sail an inaugural season in the Mediterranean, with further itineraries to be confirmed.
Rai Caluori, Princess Cruises’ executive vice president of guest experience and product development, said: “It’s been an honour to collaborate with Chef Renaut again to develop a new menu for La Mer and showcase his authentically-crafted dishes. He has a passion to deliver unforgettable French dining.”
Chef Renaut said: “I’m delighted to introduce La Mer to more Princess Cruises guests. My dishes are designed to satisfy every palate by bringing retro French classics and blending favourite ingredients with fresh and unique touches to make each dish memorable.”
A cover charge of $35 per person will apply.
Recently-announced features that will appear on both Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess include:
• Two ‘sky suites’, the largest private balconies ever offered by a cruise line. Measuring 1,012 square feet and 947 square feet, the balconies are around the size of half a tennis court and provide 270-degree panorama views. The two suites will also offer a private vantage of the ships’ top deck ‘Movie Under the Stars’ screens and have sleeping capacity for five guests
• Being Princess Medallion-enabled. The Medallion is a complimentary, automated piece of technology, the same size as a 10p piece, given to each guest that enables features such as keyless stateroom access and quicker and easier embarkation and disembarkation
• Enhanced entertainment including an expanded Princess Theatre
• More than 25 restaurants and bars onboard including speciality restaurants the Crown Grill Steakhouse and Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria
• Eight private cabanas in the Sanctuary, an adults-only area on the top deck designed for rest and relaxation
• A spa with a thermal suite, hydrotherapy pool, heated stone beds, a Turkish bath and dry, steam and aromatherapy chambers
Princess Cruises is offering a 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Sky Princess, departing December 14, 2019. Sailing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, ports of call include Princess Cays, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Prices from £719 per person.
For more information or to book visit www.princess.com, speak to your local travel agent or call 0344 338 8663.
Fare price based on two people sharing an inside stateroom
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global premium cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 17 modern cruise ships, carrying two million guests each year on 170 itineraries to more than 380 destinations around the globe, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, Hawaii, Asia, Canada/New England and World Cruises. Itineraries range in length from three to 111 days.
In 2017 Princess Cruises, with parent company Carnival Corporation, introduced MedallionClass cruises enabled by the Ocean Medallion – the cruises industry’s most advanced wearable device, provided free to each guest sailing on a MedallionClass ship. The award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to a hassle-free, personalised cruise, giving guests more opportunity to enjoy their time onboard. Ocean Medallion will be activated on five ships by the end of 2019. An activation plan will continue across the global fleet in 2020 and beyond.
Three new Royal-class ships are currently on order with the next new ship, Sky Princess, under construction and scheduled for delivery in October 2019 followed by Enchanted Princess in June 2020. Princess recently announced that two new (LNG) ships which will be the largest ships in the Princess fleet, accommodating approximately 4,300 guests with expected delivery in 2023 and 2025. Princess now has five ships arriving over the next six years between 2019 & 2025. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK).