With more than 75 million visitors in 2018 (1,039,000 UK visitors), Orlando is continuously finding new ways to make getting around the destination easy – and fun! From the new Disney Skyliner experience and Universal Orlando water taxis to the Downtown bike share program and kid-friendly taxi service, there have never been more ways to explore the Theme Park Capital of the World®. Below are a few of the most unique and accessible options the city has to offer.
Easily Explore the Tourism Corridor
- Disney Skyliner – Coming fall 2019, Walt Disney World is debuting the Disney Skyliner, an aerial gondola transportation system. The themed gondolas will be able to transport guests from Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to four resorts and hotels: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Riviera Resort.
- The Kidmoto app, brand new to the Orlando market, connects families with young children with licensed & insured taxi drivers. Drivers provide pre-harnessed and pre-installed convertible car seats for infants, toddlers, small and large children via 3 different vehicle options, including sedans, minivans, and large SUVs. The vehicles can be equipped with 1 to 4 car seats.
- Complimentary Water Taxis – At Universal Orlando Resort, any guest staying at a Premier or Preferred hotel has access to the complimentary water taxis. Cruise between the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel or Loews Portofino Bay Hotel to and from CityWalk, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios in style.
- I-Ride Trolley – Running every 20-30 minutes, guests can hop onto the I-Ride Trolley to travel to any of the numerous International Drive Resort Area attractions. Affordable and accessible, a one-day pass is only $5 and a trolley seats 41 riders with two wheelchair positions.
Discover Orlando’s Local Neighborhoods
- Downtown Bike Share – With Orlando’s goal of innovation and conservation in mind, the downtown bike share is becoming a staple of transportation. With a newly launched fleet of electric Lime bikes reaching up to 14.8 miles per hour, citizens and tourists alike can take advantage of affordable, green transportation all over the city.
- Sunrail – With over a dozen stations across the Orlando area and in three counties, this commuter train is a convenient and affordable way to travel. Easily make the journey from downtown Orlando to Winter Park, Longwood, Lake Mary and more.
- Segway Tours of Celebration – Guests can book a tour with ZE Tours, Inc. for a fun and relaxing ride on a Segway PT around this Disney-planned community. Experience nature trails, wildlife and the beautiful amenities of the town without the hassle of walking.
Sightsee While Sipping and Snacking
- Hop On! Brew Tours – Hop on the tour bus with some friends or family and enjoy games, music, trivia and of course, some of the best local beer in Orlando.
- Park Ave. Food Tour – This Foodie’s Choice award-winning food tour takes guests on a stroll through Winter Park to sample locals’ favourite eats. Patrons can enjoy wine, tea, chocolate and more as they learn about Winter Park history over the course of this three-hour tour.
- The Swamp Bike also known as the “Het Fietscafe” in its native country the Netherlands, is used by the Dutch as a mobile pub. Guests can pedal their way around the city via a unique, fun, safe and eco-friendly tour, stopping at bars and pubs along the way.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
NEW HEIGHTS FOR ORLANDO’S ROOFTOP BAR & DINING SCENE
Named the No. 2 Most Fun City in America by WalletHub (based on entertainment, nightlife and cost), Orlando, the Theme Park Capital of the World®, offers some of the most unique and unforgettable rooftop experiences. From hammock massages and chic pools to private fireworks viewing spots and bars with views of the skyline, visitors can maximize their time in the sunshine and linger outdoors long into the evening.
Here are our top choices for some of the best sky-high bar & dining experiences in Orlando. Scroll down for new openings in 2019 and 2020.
- The Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes spa features a signature “zero-gravity” hammock massage. Located on the rooftop in the resort’s eco-garden, patrons will enjoy a massage and foot soak while swaying in the rooftop breeze.
- The Alfond Inn in Winter Park offers a heated rooftop pool, complete with palm trees, plush lounge chairs and Mediterranean architecture.
Dining and Drinks on Another Level
Theme Park Corridor
- Bar 17 Bistro rooftop bar located on the rooftop of Universal’s Aventura Hotel, is guaranteed to provide breathtaking views of Universal Orlando’s three theme parks. The newly-opened bar offers unique dishes and classic plates, as well as custom-crafted cocktails designed to pair well with the urban international flavours on the menu.
- Capa, located on the 17th-floor rooftop of the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort offers stellar views of the nightly fireworks. Reserve a table for dinner at the exclusive steakhouse or head up to the bar to enjoy a cocktail on the outdoor balcony.The Coca-Cola Experience offers a unique opportunity to explore classic and exotic product flavours from around the world at the Coca-Cola Store Rooftop Beverage Bar. Visitors can work with a mixologist to create their own unique flavour or enjoy a Coca-Cola cocktail while taking in the panoramic view of Disney Springs.
- BiCE Ristorante blends hospitality with classic Italian dining at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. Guests can experience a taste of Italy on the rooftop patio with breathtaking views of the bay. And, every evening, guests can enjoy Musica della Notte, enchanting live music on the Harbor Piazza.
- Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood – Savor dishes and small plates inspired by the flavours of Spain while feasting your eyes on the sweeping views from this rooftop restaurant, located at Disney’s Coronado Springs.
- One80 Skytop Lounge is a futuristic Orlando rooftop bar with indoor and outdoor lounge areas located at the Amway Center. This nightclub-styled hangout spot is the perfect place to dress up and have a good time after a concert, sports event or even just a night out.
- Hanson’s Shoe Repair, located in downtown Orlando, brings the 1920s to the present. As a modern speakeasy, guests need a password to gain access to the top of one of the oldest houses in the city. Enjoy live music and craft cocktails at this quaint and charismatic rooftop patio bar.
- Aero Rooftop Bar and Lounge is a popular nightclub in downtown Orlando. Enjoy the sparkling night views of the city while dancing under neon laser lights to lively music. Private cabanas are available for rent for a VIP experience.
- Topolino’s Terrace — Flavors of the Riviera, the new, signature rooftop dining experience coming to the brand new Disney’s Riviera Resort (opening fall 2019) draws inspiration from the cliffside restaurants along the European Riviera, much like this image of Walt and Lillian Disney dining in just such a setting with beautiful vistas, cliffs, islands and the Mediterranean Sea.
- JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa, a brand-new hotel, will offer a 9th story bar and terrace when it opens in 2020. This rooftop experience will give guests the perfect view of Walt Disney World’s fireworks every evening.