With just a few weeks left to experience GAME OF THRONESTM: The Touring Exhibition in Belfast, fans should bend the knee and book their tickets.
There’s good news for fans of the epic Game of Thrones® TV series with the announcement that the show’s fabulous touring exhibition is to extend its stay in Belfast, its only stop in the UK and Ireland.
GAME OF THRONESTM: The Touring Exhibition will finish its run at the Titanic Exhibition Centre on 8 September, so those who want to re-experience the world of Westeros should waste no time in securing their tickets.
Designed specially by GES Events in collaboration with HBO® Licensing and Retail, the must-see exhibition offers an interactive and immersive experience featuring authentic costumes, props and majestic settings from the show.
An audio tour provides behind-the-scenes insight into the making of the series, with commentary from the producers, prop designers, costume designers, armorers and weapons master. This reveals how the swords were forged, the meaning of the symbolism on the costumes and the significance of the detail in the props and settings.
And as its stay in the UK and Ireland draws to a close the organisers have unveiled the ultimate must-see list for fans, including some items that are on show only in Belfast:
- The skull of Balerion the Dread, as well as the other ancient dragon skulls from the catacombs in Kings Landing – exclusive to the Belfast stop
- The sacred crypt of Winterfell
- The Valyrian steel dagger used to kill the Night King
- Melisandre’s signature necklace and Jamie Lannister’s golden hand
- The costumes of the Mother of Dragons, Jon Snow, Cersei and Jamie Lannister, Arya and Sansa Stark, the Hound and the White Walkers
- The home of the Night’s Watch, Castle Black and the frozen lands beyond the wall
- The iconic Iron Throne.
A number of interactive elements in the exhibition enable fans to fly on a CGI dragon, appear on the wall of the Hall of Faces, climb the Wall, pose with the sword of their favourite character and be photographed on the Iron Throne.
As the principal filming location for the TV series and the ‘Home of Thrones’ there are many other exciting Game of Thrones® experiences to be enjoyed throughout Northern Ireland
They include tours of the filming locations, the Glass of Thrones trail in Belfast, medieval banquets, sea safaris, on-set archery experiences and even afternoon tea featuring Baratheon bread and Dothraki trifle with mini dragon’s eggs.