May 2019 – To celebrate the diverse flavours of the Swiss Alps, The Lodge, Sir Richard Branson’s mountain retreat in Verbier has unveiled a new ‘Foodie Adventure’ package for summer 2019.
Verbier’s vibrant food and drink scene is the perfect destination for a culinary weekend away from the beaten path. Guests staying at The Lodge this summer can look forward to visiting a local laiterie to discover the region’s traditional cheesemaking (with a few tasters, of course), a guided Swiss wine tasting and a cooking demonstration from The Lodge’s award-winning Head Chef, Adam Bateman. Guests will also enjoy 50% off the final night, based on a three night stay.
Dine al fresco whilst enjoying the fresh mountain air on the terrace, experience a range of summer outdoor activities from mountain biking to paragliding, or relax in the spa, indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis or steam room.
‘Foodie Adventures’ at The Lodge start from CHF 2,390 (approx. £1,879 at today’s exchange rate) per room, per night, this includes 50% off the last night. Rates are priced in Swiss Francs for three nights, based on double occupancy*.
What’s included in the rate?
- Accommodation for three nights (based on double occupancy)
- Breakfast, light lunch or picnic, and dinner
- All drinks including a top-quality wine list and of course plenty of bubbles
- A cooking lesson with The Lodge’s experienced chefs
- Wine tasting
- Cheese making at the laiterie in Verbier village
- Complimentary lift pass to explore the mountains and hiking trails (subject to lift opening times)
- Daily driver service available at set times
- A dedicated team to look after you
- All local taxes
The Lodge has a dedicated team of Michelin-trained chefs who are committed to local, seasonal and sustainable sourcing. Around 50% of all herbs used in the kitchens come directly from the chalets own garden, and all bread is baked fresh on site. Stays are inclusive of all meals and drinks, so guests can look forward to sampling a range of locally sourced dishes during their stay.
For bookings please call T: 0800 716 919 (UK toll free). Alternatively e-mail email@example.com.
- *Valid for stays from the 14th June – 22 September 2019
- Rates include 50% off the third night
- Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with other promotions
- Benefits not redeemed during the stay are not exchangeable for other services
- All our usual booking terms and conditions apply
- Rates are subject to availability
- High-res images can be downloaded by registering at virginlimitededition.com/trade-press-hub
Virgin Limited Edition is an award-winning collection of unique retreats, chosen for their beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings; each offers a sense of fun, style, luxury and exceptional personal service. The group includes Necker Island in the Caribbean’s British Virgin Islands, Ulusaba Private Game Reserve in South Africa, Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco, The Lodge in Verbier, Mahali Mzuri, a tented safari camp in Kenya, Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyard in South Africa, and the Son Bunyola Estate in Mallorca. Please visit www.virginlimitededition.com for more details.