These Winter Music Festivals Are the Best Reason to Travel Around Europe This Season
- Horizon Festival, in Arinsal, Andorra, is the best-valued festival overall with the average cost per act being less than £5.
- Snowbombing Festival is the most popular winter festival for 2018/19, despite being one of the most expensive festivals on the list.
- Crystal Ski Holidays have created a tool for users to find the best winter festivals for students, best value and popularity against metrics such as a cost of beer, flights, accommodation and more.
The Best Value Winter Festivals
There’s no reason to hibernate this winter, as Crystal Ski Holidays have created a tool to find you the perfect winter festival. Whether you’re a student, looking for the best valued or most popular festival, you can enjoy great music and panoramic views, all whilst hitting the slopes.
Here’s a list of the best valued winter festivals:
|Rank||Festival||Total Cost (*)||Average cost per act|
|2||Rave on the Snow||£501||£5.33|
|3||Rock the Pistes||£421||£16.84|
* inclusive of entrance to festival, average flight costs, accommodation, transfers and ski pass.
- Horizon Festival – Located in the small picturesque village of Arinsal, Andorra, this popular skiing destination turns into annual techno, house and dubstep festival. Hosting a number of international DJs and artists, the festival has the cheapest overall cost at £419 (flights, transfers, accommodation and ski pass).
- Rave on the Snow – Held in Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Austria, from the 13 – 16 December, this year’s festival will be celebrating their 25th anniversary. The lineup includes renowned electronic DJ’s such as Pan-Pot, Chris Liebing and Claptone. The total cost for the festival is £599, with 94 acts, it is the biggest lineup out of the 16 winter festivals.
- Rock the Pistes – Taking place in Portes du Soleil, located on the border between France and Switzerland, this festival has seen the likes of Basement Jaxx, Caravan Palace and High-Contrast. It’s the second cheapest festival on our list, meaning you can enjoy some winter fun without breaking the bank!
- Snowboxx – Located in Avoriaz, France this festival covers everything from techno to grime. With previous lineups including the likes of Gorillaz, Chase & Status and Stormzy, costing around £539, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Snowbombing – With an overall cost of £814, it is also one of the pricier festivals on the list and with former lineups including the likes of Fatboy Slim, Liam Gallagher, Dizzee Rascal and 80 other acts. Located in Mayrhofen, Austria in April – you can enjoy 650km of blue and red runs, the steepest incline in Europe and igloo raves.
Chris Logan, Managing Director of Crystal Ski Holidays comments:
“We love winter festivals for the reason that it combines the love of music and skiing. If you’re looking to break away from the summer festival scene or want to take your ski holiday to another level then our tool sets you on the right path.”
For more information on the Winter Festivals tool, please visit Crystal Ski Holidays.